Ruger has teamed up with Proof Research in the latest addition of the AR-556 MPR rifle featuring a feather-light carbon fiber wrapped barrel by Proof Research.
- Features an 18″ PROOF® Research carbon fiber wrapped barrel that is both attractive and significantly lighter than standard barrels, while still offering excellent accuracy and repeatability.
- Features a rifle-length gas system paired with chambering in .223 Wylde, a well-established chamber geometry that safely, accurately, and reliably functions with both 5.56 NATO and .223 Remington ammunition.
- Lower receiver is fitted with Magpul® PRS Lite® stock that balances the rifle and has secure length of pull and comb height adjustments for the best fit. Magpul MOE-K2® grip provides ergonomic access to trigger and safety controls.
- Handguard is free-floated for accuracy and the slim, 15″ length provides enhanced ergonomics.
- Bolt is mil-spec 9310 and is machined, shot peened and proof tested for strength and durability.
- The Ruger® Elite 452® AR-Trigger is a two-stage trigger that offers a smooth, crisp, 4.5 pound trigger pull. It features a full-strength hammer spring for consistent primer ignition and a lightweight hammer that enables a faster lock time for improved accuracy.
- Magpul® M-LOK® accessory attachment slots along the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions with additional slots on the angled faces near the muzzle.
- Ruger® muzzle brake is a radial port design that significantly reduces felt recoil and muzzle movement. The threaded barrel allows for standard muzzle accessories to be installed.
- Made from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, the flat top upper receiver includes a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector.
- Bolt carrier and gas key have chrome-plated inside diameters to provide exceptional resistance to hot gases. The gas key is staked so that it will not loosen after extensive firing.
- Also includes: one, 30-round Magpul PMAG® magazine.
To learn more about Ruger and Proof Research. CLICK HERE