Surefire has recently announced their latest offering in batteries geared towards weapon lights with their new 123A rechargable Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries and charger.
Surefire states “Most professional users of SureFire high-performance products need their flashlights, WeaponLights and other illumination tools to operate on a single battery discharge cycle for as long as possible.
That’s where the SF123A batteries excel due to their higher power density in a very compact size.
The downside is that SF123A batteries are primary batteries that, once expended, must be replaced.
But there is a convenient and cost-effective alternative to the standard SF123A battery: the SureFire SFLFP123.
The SureFire SFLFP123 Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4 or LFP) chemistry delivers a shorter runtime than SureFire SF123A batteries due to its lower capacity, but it can save you money in the long run while helping to protect the environment.
Alex Soo, SureFire’s Vice President of Engineering, says that if the latter two benefits are high on your priority list, then SureFire SFLFP123 rechargeable batteries are a viable option.”
- SFLFP123 batteries are rechargeable and reusable, saving you hundreds over 123A lithium primary batteries
- SFLFP123 batteries are better for the environment because they contain no hazardous heavy metals
- Includes two-bay charger for easy, convenient recharging at home or on the go
- *It should be noted that these LFP rechargeable batteries have significantly less run time than their disposable counterparts
LITHIUM IRON PHOSPHATE BATTERIES
- CHEMISTRY:Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4)
- NOMINAL CAPACITY:450 mAh
- NOMIONAL VOLTAGE:3.2 V
- MAX. DISCHARGE CURRENT:>2 C
- END VOLTAGE OF DISCHARGE:2.5 V
- DIMENSIONS:16.5 D x 33.5 mm
- TYPE:Micro USB
- NOMINAL VOLTAGE:3.65 V
- CHARGE CURRENT:0.5 C / cell
- CHARGE CHANNEL:2
- SUPPORTED CHEMISTRIES:LiFePO4
To learn more about Surefire. CLICK HERE
Categories: KNIFE & TOOL