Forward Controls Design states “LRF (Lower Receiver, Forward Controls Design) is a collaboration between Sons of Liberty Gunworks (SOLGW) and Forward Controls Design (FCD).
Machined from a solid block of 7075 aluminum, LRF is an ambidextrous AR15 lower receiver with built-in right side bolt release, designed to use our EMR-A (Enhanced Magazine Release, Ambidextrous), a Norgon Ambi-Catch will also work on the LRF.
Design of LRF was completed in 2019. Due to difficulties of Covid-19 induced lockdowns and subsequent buying frenzies of all things firearms related, production was continuously delayed. Neither SOLGW nor FCD are known to rush development or production, we had used this time to further refine the LRF.
LRF was designed with duty and defense users in mind. Its changes from TDP based lowers are based on ergonomics and better protection of magazine releases (both left and right side)”
- EMR-A (Enhanced Magazine Release, Ambidextrous) fence on the left side.
- Taller than TDP spec magazine release fence on the right side to ensure TDP spec magazine release button stays below the fence.
- Countersink take down pin hole on the left, when the user pushes the take down pin in from the left side, the pin can be pushed in further, with more protrusion on the right to pull from.
- Built in trigger guard with the same features as our TGF (Trigger guard, Forward Controls), more info: https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/TGF-Trigger-Guard-Forward-Controls_p_178.html TGF has more usable space forward of the trigger, not behind. It also has a “ramp” to facilitate magazine loading for users that use the rear spline of the magazine to index and “rock” the magazine into the mag well.
- Flared magazine well with a larger opening.
To learn more about Forward Controls Design and SOLGW. CLICK HERE
Categories: AR15 AR-15