Strike Industries has recently expanded on their popular Glock pattern pistol compensator into the Glock Gen 5 pattern with support of the G17 and G19 models.
Strike Industries states “The Strike Industries Mass Driver Compensator (MDC) represents a quantum leap in compensator design.
Current designs have largely been unchanged since the 1930s. It’s about time for something revolutionary.
The Mass Driver name is inspired by the idea of theoretical mass driver engines in space travel.
By ejecting mass, an equal and opposite reaction is generated propelling the space vehicle forward.
The Mass Driver Compensator is driven by the hot gasses expelled through the barrel after the round is discharged, and acts as a counter balance system to attenuate mechanical recoil.
Barrel mounted compensators add reciprocating mass and increase the moment of inertia to the operating system, which can have a negative effect on reliable cycling of recoil operated handguns.
By separating the compensator from the operating components after ignition, the MDC allows for close to stock cyclic speeds, and reduces reciprocating mass.
The compensator of the MDC system has a widened bore to reduce baffle strikes and keyholing rounds along with a 2.5mm relief cut at the top of the rear to reduce “lipping” and damage to the face of the pistol slide.”
- No threaded barrel needed (but can be used)
- Eliminates the need for threaded barrels. 50 State Legal
- Widened bore to reduce baffle strikes and keyholing rounds
- 2.5mm relief cut at the top rear of comp to reduce “lipping” and damage to the face of the slide
- No permanent modification of weapon required
- Blended, no snag profile
- Matches with width of the slide, it can be used with open holsters, no special holster needed
- Counter recoil design, as the slide moves back the comp moves forward to reduce felt recoil
- Contours with slide dimensions to be compatible with most open-bottom holsters
- Precision CNC machined
- LENGTH: 35.85mm
- WIDTH: 26.10mm
- HEIGHT: 16.25mm
- WEIGHT: 3.2 oz
- WEIGHT w/ PACKAGE: 6.7 oz
To learn more about Strike Industries. CLICK HERE