Sharps Bros has recently rolled out their next generation of Livewire AR-15 lower receivers.
Formly machined from 7075 billets the new generation of lowers will be machined from 7075 forgings.
Sharps Bros states “Livewire is a more traditional style AR15 receiver, but still unlike anything else out there with looks all its own: Heavily flared mag well, ambidextrous bolt release, a stepped transition between trigger guard and mag well, threaded bolt catch pin, threaded rear takedown pin recess and extremely clean lines all around.
As of July 2021, Livewire is now made from a forging and it truly sets a new standard in forged lower receivers.
Each Livewire starts life as a 7075 aluminum billet that is first heated to 800 degrees and then forged into a near final shape with a custom tool and the pressure of a 4100 ton press.
Post forging, the receiver goes through final machine operations on our CNCs.
This process reduces both material cost and machine time without hindering our ability to deliver the master-level craftsmanship we’re known for – and we’re happy to pass these savings along to our customers with an extremely aggressive price point.”
- An oversized and integral trigger guard
- Ambidextrous bolt release
- A beveled magazine flare
- Machined top to bottom from 7075-T6 aluminum, a peak-strength corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy
- A hard coat anodize finish per MIL-A-8625, the anodizing model for model for most military and aerospace products
- Full compatibility with all mil-spec internal parts
- Full compatibility with all other aftermarket mil-spec upper receivers
- Full compatibility with GI standard issue magazines as well as PMags
- Multi caliber mark
- Weight: ~8.7 oz
To learn more about Sharps Bros and the Livewire forged AR-15 lowers. CLICK HERE