Drake Associates has recently launched their new Athena Precision chassis tactical rifle.
The Athena Precision chassis tactical rifle is designed to be a highly accurate semi-automatic precision rifle.
Drake Associates states “The New patented Drake ATHENA Semiautomatic Chassis Rifle features a Drake high-performance button cut match barrel.
This precision rifle was designed as a high-performance alternative to the military’s M12 or Mk11/M110 program(s), with a similar mission profile that features high-performance options at an affordable price.
The ability of the Drake Athena Semiautomatic Chassis Rifle to quickly adjust the ergonomics for the individual shooter without having to use tools further personalizes the high-end bolt action rifle.
Available in Light Caliber and Heavy Caliber systems.
Drake recommends the 18″ Heavy Barrel for your system as this was the barrel system that was used to validate the ATHENA platform to 1062 yards and make documented SUB MOA performance qualifications.
Drake feels that this is the most versatile version of this weapon system.
Drake was able to achieve while using this Button Barrel an average of .6-.7 MOA with the best-documented group on this rifle system at .366 MOA using Federal 77 gr. OTM Ammunition.
Drake was also seeing bolt action like muzzle velocities averaging 2737 FPS with this ammunition.”
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS:
– Drake Athena Semi-automatic Precision Chassis Rifle
– Light Caliber System
– Billet Aluminum Chassis Construction
– SATERN Brand Match Barrel
– 1 in 7 Twist
– Caliber/Barrel Options: 16″, 18″ 20″
– Satern Button Drake Heavy Profile Contour Barrel
– 16″ Features Mid-Length Gas System
– 18″ and 20″ Features Rifle Length Gas System
– SAAMI SPEC M16 Bolt Assembly
– A3 Mil-Spec Upper Trued
– Anodized Color Choice of FDE, OD or Black
– Accuracy Truing
– Match Competition 2 Stage Trigger
– Drake Athena Rifle Chassis – Light Caliber System
– Drake SOPMOD-D(TM) tool-less fast change forend
– 12 o’clock Long Picatinny Rail System Long Rail
– 6 o’clock front bipod Picitinny Rail System
– M-Lok(TM) Compatible 11/1 O’Clock Rail System
– Optional Secondary Rail System
– Magpul (TM) 20rd magazine
– A2 Birdcage Flash Hider
– 11 Degree target Crown
– 1/2×28 Precision Muzzle Thread
– Weight with 18” Heavy Barrel 9 Lbs.
– Buttstock Collapsed OAL 34.75” with Length of Pull to Trigger 10.75”
– Buttstock Fully Open OAL 37.75” with Length of Pull to Trigger 13.75”
– Buttstock OAL Travel 3.0”
– Cheekriser OAL Travel 1.3”
– Height from Bottom of Pistol Grip to Top of A3 or Billet Upper Picatinny Rail 7.20”
– Widest Width of Forend (Palm swell) 2.25”
– Length of Forend Area Forward of Magazine Interior Leading front Wall 16.10”
– Length of Forend Area Forward of Upper 15.50”Weights and dimensions based upon 18” Heavy Contour Rifle Barrel with Collapsible Butt Stock (Adjustable Cheek riser shown in images)
– Other OAL Dimensions 16” 20” Rifle Barrel Versions
To learn more about Drake Associates and the Athena Precision Chassis Tactical Rifle. CLICK HERE
Categories: AR15 AR-15