Dan Wesson Firearms, well known for their top notch, high quality firearms has announced their new DWX pistol which is based off the ever popular CZ 75 pattern of pistols.
The Dan Wesson Firearms DWX pistol comes in 9mm and 40SW standard.
Dan Wesson Firearms states “It started as an experiment — a grand melding of Dan Wesson and CZ pistols. Borrowing the crisp single action fire control group of a DW 1911 and combining it with the ergonomics and capacity of a CZ, the resulting pistol emerged as something great.
Designed initially for competition use, the DWX has evolved into much more than that, with both full-size and compact variants. Its locked breech barrel system is simple, ditching the standard 1911 link system and using CZ-style takedown via the slide stop. The easier take-down will be familiar to any hammer-fired CZ owner, as is removing the Match-grade barrel due to the bushing-less barrel system that resembles a P-10 or P-09/P-07. Double-stack magazines boost the capacity of the full-size to 19+1 with flush bases, and many standard 1911 parts enable gunsmiths and competitive shooters to tune the X just the way they like it. Sights are easily customized, using a 1911-style dovetailed sight in the front and a CZ Shadow 2 style sight cut in the rear.
With the grip angle and contours that have made the CZ 75 a stand-out in the realm of pistol ergonomics, the DWX is a natural fit to most hands. The full-size DWX uses standard CZ 75 grips, while the compact DWX uses those from a 75 Compact. Corresponding magwells for the 75 series are compatible as well.
With so many ways to tune and customize, the DWX is sure to shine in USPSA Limited Division!”
– SKU: 9mm-92001 / 40SW 92002
– Model:DWX 9MM
– Magazine Capacity:9mm-19/40SW-15
– Frame Material:Steel
– Slide Finish:Duty Finish
– Overall Length:8.52 in
– Barrel Length:5 in
– Height:5.85 in
– Width:1.25 in
– Weight:43 oz
– Trigger Mech:Single Action
– Front Sight:Fiber Optic
– Rear Sight:Adjustable
– Safety:Ambi thumb safety
– Product Name:DWX 9MM & DWX 40SW
– Adjustable Rear Sight, Great at the range, this sight is adjustable for height and has a serrated rear face, knocking down glare and giving a crisp sight picture.
– Aluminum Grips, To make this pistol stand out red low-profile aluminum grips have been added to help drive the shooter’s hand high in the beavertail and provide a great texture.
– Ambi Safety, An ambidextrous safety allows for an easy to access to the safety for both left-handed and right-hand shooters.
– Square Hammer, This is our spin on an edgier, tactical, Commander hammer.
– Top Rib, A serrated rib on the top of the slide helps knock down glare.