Ed Brown announced their latest offering in the EVO series of 9mm 1911 handguns with the new EVO-CC09 Lightweight. The EVO-CC09 Lightweight was designed to be extremely lightweight and thin for maximum concealability and comfort when carrying the EVO-CC09LW.
Ed Brown Products states “The EVO CCO Lightweight is the ultimate carry gun! Our smallest, thinnest and lightest 1911 offered to date. Optimized for 9mm, the EVO-CCO9-LW retains 100% 1911 controls and handling characteristics. Built on our lightweight aluminum compact (Officer’s) frame, and combined with a round butt housing and concealed carry grip safety for maximum concealability. Includes modern improvements such as the new external extractor, easy-to-change front sight, smaller ledge-style rear sight, bull barrel, and a flat wire recoil spring system. The slide is shortened to 4″ and thinned substantially for weight reduction, and includes a unique 7-top custom cut, with special front and rear serrations. A recessed slide stop and slim grips completes the package.”
•Barrel Length: 4″
•Overall Length: 7.5″
•Overall Height: 5″
•Slide Thickness: .860″
•Weight: approximately 27 ounces with an unloaded magazine inserted
• Model: EVO-CCO9-LW
• 4″ slide, thinned substantially for weight reduction.
• Single stack frame, aluminum compact (Officer’s) frame.
• Snakeskin treatment on forestrap and mainspring housing.
• 7-top custom cut slide with special front and rear serrations.
• External extractor.
• Easy to change orange HDXR front sight.
• Smaller, redesigned ledge style U-notch rear sight.
• Bull barrel.
• Guide rod with flat wire recoil spring system.
• Custom options included: recessed slide stop, concealed carry grip safety, flush barrel with recessed crown.
• No changes are allowed in order to maintain manufacturing efficiencies, but consistent with the “Evolution” concept, we will be varying the configurations from batch to batch, which will lead to a proliferation of different versions. You will be sure to find something you love.