Safariland has announced a new job opening at their Jacksonville Florida location for a Sourcing Specialist.
The Sourcing Specialist drives and coordinates sourcing efforts in preparation for material and service procurement. The role’s focus will be on cost savings, supplier development, pre-procurement strategy, and negotiation of supply agreements. Entails daily interaction with internal business unit and supply chain stakeholders, and suppliers. This role will also act as primary buyer for all MRO items for the Jacksonville location.
* Support Operations, Supply Chain, and Accounting goals to reduce material costs, streamline supplier portfolio, negotiate optimize payment terms, and ensure transparency in spending.
* Analyze spend data to identify and execute cost-savings, cost-avoidance, and value-analysis/value engineering (VA/VE) opportunities within assigned product lines, commodity groups, and business units.
* Become a “functional expert” of strategic sourcing within assigned product lines and commodity groups.
* Develop and implement strategic purchasing procedures and control systems to reduce direct costs and carrying costs. (ex. VMI & strategic stocking agreements.
* Manage and develop relationships with suppliers to attain maximum cost efficiency, leverage buying power, develop capabilities, ascertain stability, and anticipate supply disruptions
* Provide sourcing support and guidance to buyers, R&D, marketing, and facilities staff in preparation of procurement.
* Support recovery activities and prevent supply disruptions of materials caused by business closures, accounting delays, upstream raw material shortages, etc.
* Perform duties of MRO buyer, including the preparation and issuance of purchase orders for indirect materials and services
* Participate in business segment category meetings to collect and relay relevant sourcing assignment details.
* Ensure compliance to relevant government regulations, third-party certifications (ex.ISO, NIJ) and company policies within assigned product lines and commodities.
* Ability to train or mentor plant buyers as needed
* May supervise one or more employees. Position currently has no direct reports
* Ability to influenceand lead indirectly
* Minimum of five (5) years sourcing or procurement experience preferred
* Project management experience a plus.
* Five (5) years experience within a manufacturing environment.
* Four-year (4) degree in a business, economics or finance discipline.
* Supply chain related certification such as APICS CPIM preferre
* Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to engage and manage suppliers
* Knowledge of industry or plant specific measuring processes, including LEAN mfg.
* Knowledge of government procurement process, DFAR and contract language
* Knowledge of import and domestic purchasing, related documentation and logistics
* Ability to navigate material specification processes and conventions.
* Strong organizational, follow-up, analytical, and problem-solving skills
* Concise and pro-active communication skills with ability to lead indirectly
* Team oriented and comfortable working with cross functional teams
* Creative thinking, constructive, positive attitude
* Microsoft Office skills to include Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Occasional travel to vendor locations or trade shows
* Walking through various part of facilities, including stairs
To apply for this job. CLICK HERE
Categories: INDUSTRY EMPLOYMENT