Holosun has recently debuted their latest offering in red dot sights with the new SCRS RD MRS solar charging sight.
Holosun states “It is well known that solar backup optics are just that, a backup.
Generally, a solar panel attached to an optic will power the optic reticle and not charge the device battery.
These solar panels do not mitigate the need for battery changes but can act as an ambient power supply for the reticle or a backup if/when a battery fails.
This changes now as Holosun releases the SCRS in 2023. The SCRS (Solar Charging Rifle Sight) advances Holosun’s SCS technology, creating an all-new, ultra-compact 20mm tube sight designed for rifle applications.
The SCRS features multi-directional light sensors, an advanced auto mode for automatic reticle intensity settings, and a manual mode for manual dot intensity control.
The 20,000-hour power reserve is stored in an internal solar charging battery, providing ample power to charge three different reticle styles: 65 MOA Circle & 2 MOA Dot, 2 MOA Dot, or 65 MOA Circle. Capable of +/- 50 MOA travel with 1 MOA per click adjustment.
Reticle intensity has eight daylight and four night vision settings. SCRS is IP67 rated and made from 7075 aluminum utilizing Holosun’s 509T footprint for compatibility with third-party offset RDS mounts.”
- 20,000-Hour Power Reserve
- 2Multi-Sensor Auto Brightness
- 2Solar Charging Internal Battery
- 2Multiple Reticle System™ (MRS): 65 MOA Circle & 2 MOA Dot; 2 MOA Dot; 65 MOA Circle
- 2Parallax Free & Unlimited Eye Relief
- 2Fits Holosun 509T Footprint
- 2IP67 Certified Waterproof
- 2Travel Range ± 50 MOA
- 2Reticle Brightness: 8 Daylight & 4 Night Vision Compatible Settings
- 21 MOA Windage & Elevation Adjustment Per Click
- 2Window Size: 22mm Diameter
- 27075 T6 Aluminum Housing
- 21.63″ Mount Included
To learn more about Holosun. CLICK HERE