Dan Wesson has recently shown off their latest in custom 1911 pistols with the new 1911 Specialist Optics-Ready pistol.
Dan Wesson states “Pistol-mounted optics allow fast, intuitive target acquisition and improved accuracy, making it a popular choice for experienced and novice shooters.
Adding an optic is effortless on the Dan Wesson 1911 Specialist Optics-Ready, which integrates a cut into its slide.
For only a fraction more than the Specialist base model, the Optics-Ready pistol includes a factory-cut slide, saving time and money on custom gunsmithing.
Optional optics plates for the RMR, DPP, and Viper systems let users mount their favorite red dot quickly and easily.
The high-performance 1911 Specialist Optics-Ready combines the custom-level fitting and premium parts that set Dan Wesson Firearms apart.
Starting with a forged, hand-fit frame and slide and a match-grade barrel chambered in the powerful .45 ACP, the Specialist Optics-Ready provides flawless function and superb accuracy.
The duty finish doesn’t draw attention and is highly durable. An inverted top rib cuts down on glare.
And the fixed Novak-style front night sight and serrated tactical rear sight, co-witness with the red dot as a backup.
The frame sports an integral 1913 Picatinny rail for mounting lights or lasers. Front strap 25 LPI checkering improves grip, and an undercut trigger guard enhances recoil control, while the recessed slide stop allows laser grip installation.
The Specialist has operator-friendly ambidextrous thumb and grip safeties.
An extended magazine release and extended magwell speed reloads of its 8-round magazines.
Its long solid trigger with serrated face gives a traditional look and feel.
A 3.5-5 pound factory trigger also delivers a consistent, crisp trigger squeeze for accurate shooting.
The Specialist uses a set of G10 VZ Operator II grips that guide the hand into the beavertail and hold it there.
The Dan Wesson 1911 Specialist Optics-Ready is a competitively-price pistol loaded with premium parts and features.
The Optics-Ready model is perfect for shooters who want to modernize their handgun with a red dot sight.”
- Fixed Night Sight, A Novak-style snag-free sight with tritium self-illuminated vials.
- Front Serrations, Forward cocking serrations give solid purchase for press-checks.
- Inverted Rib, To cut down on glare our top rib is cut into the slide.
- Ball End Mill Cut, This cut accentuates the carry cut and slightly modifies the appearance.
- Tactical Hammer, The skeletonized hammer helps to reduce weight and maintains the clean look of the pistol.
- Long Solid Trigger, A long solid trigger was used to give a traditional look and incorporate a serrated face.
- Ambi Safety, Grip Safety, An ambidextrous safety allows for an easy to access to the safety for both left-handed and right-hand shooters.
- Rail, Equipped with a 1913 Picatinny rail, adding a light or laser is a simple operation.
- Mainspring Housing Checkering, Our 25 LPI checkering on the flat mainspring housing provides the means for a superb grip.
- Magwell, Reloads are made easy, our magwell helps to funnel the fresh mag into the gun.
To learn more about Dan Wesson. CLICK HERE