Brownells has recently released their latest variant of the popular BRN-180 with the new BRN-180 Gen 2 Sport upper receiver that features a straight-pull charging handle.
Brownells states “Based on the 16” BRN-180™ Gen2, the BRN-180™ Sport foregoes the ejection port cover allowing for the use of a straight charging.
This arrangement allows for a slimmer profile on the ejection port cover side and avoids interference with wide optic mounts and accessories.
The charging handle location is also lower, making it faster to actuate with the firing hand of right-hand shooters.”
- Straight Charging Handle
- Ultra-reliable AR-180 piston operating system
- Compatible with current mil-spec AR-15 lowers
- Machined 7075 T6 aluminum receiver & handguard – hardcoat anodized finish
- 16″” barrel with matte black Nitride finish
- .223 Wylde chamber
- Button rifled bore; 1-8″” twist
- ½””-28 threaded muzzle
- Replica 3-prong AR-180 flash suppressor
- Total weight: 4.65 lbs
- Cartridge: 223 Wylde
- Finish: Black
- Length: 16″
- Muzzle: 1/2-28
- Style: Complete
- Twist: 1-8
- Made in the USA
To learn more about Brownells. CLICK HERE
Categories: AR15 AR-15