Lehigh Defense well known for their ammunition bullets has announced their latest offering with the 45-70 Whisper 456gr Controlled Fracturing ammunition.
Lehigh Defense states “Lehigh Defense originated Controlled Fracturing Technology.
These bullets are designed to deliver maximum terminal performance.
Controlled Fracturing bullets are produced from either solid copper or solid brass and are pre-stressed at specific points so that after a predetermined penetration depth, the razor-edge petals deploy, releasing an energy spike and then separate and radiate outward from the primary path of the bullet.
The bullet shank, now back to bore diameter, continues penetrating straight and deep along the initial impact path.”
– A minimum of four separate wound channels resulting in extensive damage
– CNC machined from solid copper or brass, not formed or swaged
– Exceptional accuracy from the advanced manufacturing process
– Razor sharp petals for maximum terminal performance
– Deep penetrating base projectile
– Expansion is initiated by hydraulic energy – expansion only where it is required
– Offered in a Professional Series and a Reduced Recoil Series
– Caliber / Cartridge:0.458
– Technology:Controlled Fracturing
– Weight (gr):465
– Bullet Length (in):1.800
– Number of Projectile:1
– Velocity:750 – 1,200 / 100,000 rpm maximum
– Ballistic Coefficient: (G1)0.792
– Twist Rate:1:10
– Lead Free:No
– NotesPlease note this is a specialty bullet requiring a 1:10 twist barrel. The ogive of the bullet is 0.955″ long requiring a 2.8″ magazine when loaded in a 458 SOCOM case.
To learn more about Lehigh Defense and the new Controlled Fracturing 45-70 Whisper. CLICK HERE