Strike Industries has announced their latest offering for the Glock Gen 3 pattern of weapons with the new Gen 3 Mass Driver Comp.
The Gen 3 Mass Driver Comp is unique because it does NOT attach via barrel threads but from the guide rod.
Strike Industries states “The Strike Industries Mass Driver compensator represents a quantum leap in compensator design.
Current designs have largely been unchanged since the 1930s.
It’s about time for something revolutionary.
The Mass Driver name is inspired by the idea of theoretical mass driver engines in space travel.
By ejecting mass, an equal and opposite reaction is generated propelling the space vehicle forward.
The Mass Driver Compensator is driven by the hot gasses expelled through the barrel after the round is discharged, and acts as a counter balance system to attenuate mechanical recoil.
Barrel mounted compensators add reciprocating mass and increase the moment of inertia to the operating system, which can have a negative effect on reliable cycling of recoil operated handguns.
By separating the compensator from the operating components after ignition, the MD comp allows for close to stock cyclic speeds, and reduces reciprocating mass.”
– No threaded barrel needed
– Matches with width of the slide, it can be used with open holsters, no special holster needed
– counter recoil design, as the slide moves back the comp moves forward to reduce felt recoil
– Eliminates the need for threaded barrels. 50 State Legal
– Blended, no snag profile
– Precision CNC machined
– No permanent modification of weapon required
– Contours with slide dimensions to be compatible with most open-bottom holsters
– 1 Comp Main Body
– 1 Recoil Spring
– 1 Guide Rod
– 1 Guide Rod Fitment Washer
– 1 Guide Rod Head
– 1 Internal Spring
EXTRA GALLERY. CLICK TO ENLARGE