Ruger has announced deeper support for the Security-9 series of 9mm handguns with the new Security-9 compact model.
The Security-9 compact (model# 3829) also comes with a Hogue Grip sleeve.
– Hogue® Beavertail™ HandALL® grip sleeve with Cobblestone™ texturing, finger grooves and gentle palm swells.
– Compact for easy concealment, the Security-9® is designed to fit a variety of available holsters.
– Rugged construction with blued, through-hardened alloy steel slide and barrel and high-performance, glass-filled nylon grip frame.
– Precision-machined, hard-coat anodized aluminum chassis with full-length guide rails.
– The Secure Action used in the LCP® II and Security-9® is derived from the reliable and proven hammer-fired LCP® fire control system. The Secure Action combines the smooth trigger pull of the LCP® with the short, crisp feel and positive reset of a single action.
– Textured grip frame provides a secure and comfortable grip.
Dovetailed, high-visibility sight system with drift adjustable rear sight and fixed front sight. Sights can be easily changed out for different color options (available separately).
– Internal, Secure Action hammer provides strong ignition force, yet allows for easier slide racking when compared with many striker-fired pistols. Front cocking – serrations enable positive slide manipulation.
– Safety features include integrated trigger safety; external manual safety; neutrally balanced sear with significant engagement and strong spring tension; and hammer catch to help prevent the hammer from contacting the firing pin unless the trigger is pulled.
– Safe, easy takedown with no special tools or trigger pull required.
– Also includes: two alloy steel magazines.
– Feature:Compact with Hogue® Grip Sleeve
– Barrel Material:Alloy Steel
– Barrel Finish:Blued
– Barrel Length:3.42″
– Overall Length:6.52″
– Sights:Drift Adjustable
– Weight:22.5 oz.
– Grip Frame:High-Performance, Glass-Filled Nylon
– Slide Material:Through-Hardened Alloy Steel
– Slide Width:1.02″
– Twist1:10″ RH