Ed Brown Products known for their extremely popular 1911 pistols has announced their latest offering in the Evolution series of pistols. The Evo-E9 is Ed Brown’s fist full size frame in the evolution series.
Ed Brown Products states “Optimized for the 9mm caliber, the E9 is smaller, thinner, and lighter than the Executive Commander. The E9 retains 100% 1911 controls and handling characteristics, and makes use of standard 1911 magazines. Some parts were completely re-designed to take advantage of modern improvements such as the new external extractor, easy-to-change front sight, smaller ledge-style rear sight, bull barrel, and a flat wire recoil spring system. The re-engineered slide has been shortened to 4″, thinned substantially for weight reduction, and includes a unique 7-top custom cut, with special front and rear serrations.”
• Model: EVO-E9
• 4″ slide, thinned substantially for weight reduction.
• Single stack frame.
• Exclusive 25 LPI checkering on forestrap and magwell housing housing.
• 7-top custom cut slide with special front and rear serrations.
• External extractor.
• Easy to change black front sight.
• Smaller, redesigned ledge style U-notch rear sight.
• Bull barrel.
• Guide rod with flat wire recoil spring system.
• Custom options included: one-piece blended, flush barrel with recessed crown.
-Barrel Length: 4″
-Overall Length: 7.5″
-Overall Height: 5.5″
-Slide Thickness: .860″
-Weight: approximately 35 ounces with an unloaded -magazine inserted