Safariland announced they are looking for a Manufacturing Support Engineer in their Dalton, MA facility.
Work with Armor Systems Integrated Product Development Team to support Manufacturing efforts and create innovative & safe solutions to meet external and internal customer requirements for Protech Armor Systems customers.
* Develop Manufacturing methods and design manufacturing support fixtures for all Armor Systems product lines as required.
* Provide manufacturing NC programs as required.
* Supply technical drawings and 3D models of specialized parts, tooling, and assembly.
* Produce technical drawings, assembly drawings, shop drawings, & bill of materials.
* Design new products and accessories for the Armor Systems product line.
* Design product and fixtures to meet cost, quality, safety and schedule requirements; provide technical support and trouble shooting for both in house and customer related issues.
* Develop innovative solutions to meet customer and marketing requirements.
* Works with Engineers and outside vendors to fabricate prototypes of products in development. Mechanical skills using hand tools & some production machinery.
* Create and maintain work instructions for support of manufacturing processes.
* Solve problems with and provide technical advice to the production and quality control departments.
* Compile all existing engineering documentation and organize it into the approved design documentation format.
* Maintain multiple CAD and documentation databases.
* Participate in determining “best in class” for manufacturing capabilities with an emphasis on rapid prototyping, design for six sigma, lean manufacturing, and innovation.
* Work with other functional areas such as marketing to create product literature, artwork, and product guides.
* Other duties as required.
* Experience in a manufacturing environment , preferably with machine tools and fixtures.
* 2 to 7 years of Product Design and Development utilizing 2D and 3D solid modeling.
* Broad range of mechanical component knowledge and manufacturing processes.
* Experience with rapid prototyping tools for product development.
* Drawing database management experience
* Able to communicate well and be able to interact with multiple disicplines.
* Well organized and disciplined.
* BOM creation and maintenance.
* EPM (Visual) experience a plus
* Candidate should have a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering , Manufacturing Engineering or technical degree with equivalent experience
* An excellent knowledge of 3D design (SolidWorks) and CNC programing (CamWorks) is required and the ability to utilize standard office programs.
* Knowledge with ASNI Y14.5.
* Project management / organizational skills..
* Ability to source parts and interact with vendors.
* Must enjoy working with hands and be able to translate ideas into working product.
* Must be creative and inventive with the ability to justify and sell ideas.
* Ability to work independently
* Experience with military systems and /or contracts a plus.
* Sit for prolonged periods
* Use repetitive motion
To learn more about Safariland and their new job opening. CLICK HERE