Safariland announced they are looking to fill a position at their Jacksonville, Florida facility as an Injection Mold Technician.
The Safariland Group is a leading global provider of a diverse range of safety and survivability products designed for the public safety, military, professional and outdoor markets. The Safariland Group’s mission, “Together, We Save Lives”, is inherent in the lifesaving and protective products it delivers. Our holsters division is a premier designer and innovator of safety holsters and other duty gear, as well as a manufacturer of components and finished products for holsters and firearm accessories. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Injection Mold Technician to join our team.
* Install and set up injection molds for production. Startup injection molding machines in a fast paced custom injection molding facility in a safe and efficient manner.
* Assist the Shift Supervisor in scheduling operators, operator training and perform all supervisory functions in the absence of the Shift Supervisor.
* Troubleshoot and adjust injection molding machine parameters to maintain quality and maximum product output.
* Work alongside a small team of associates in execution of daily production tasks, work scheduling, training, maintenance, continuous improvement and support the implementation of ISO quality system.
* Perform problem-solving of molding quality defects and correct them.
* Ensure cleanliness and maintain safe work environment within molding department.
* Respond to problems by performing corrective technical or mechanical solutions.
* Maintain positive employee relations and adhere to company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
* Assist in various maintenance functions, including but not limited to, preventive, corrective and emergency maintenance on all injection molding equipment.
* Must have at least 3-5 years injection molding set up and processing experience.
* Experience with ISO quality systems is a plus.
* Supervisory experience is a plus.
* Experience with Engineering resins such as Nylon, Acetal and Polycarbonate is a plus.
* Familiarity of Van Dorn Demag and Sumitomo molding machines is a plus.
Categories: INDUSTRY EMPLOYMENT